B.Sc. Business Informatics
Developer, designer or digital entrepreneur? Get the key qualifications from us!
|Qualification||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)|
|Study duration||6 Semesters|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Study models||Full-time studies or dual work–study model|
The study of business informatics provides students with a future-proof, broad and solid foundation based on the fields of computer science and business economics. The knowledge and skills acquired during the degree are excellent preparation for positions in various businesses, the public sector, corporate networks and institutions, and their possible applications are diverse. Possible spheres of activity include:
- Analysis, design and redesign of processes
- Planning, development, implementation, operation and maintenance of information and communication systems (especially software) in the context of diverse business applications
- Applying innovative technologies for the creation of new functionality and novel fields of business
The dual work–study model can create an ideal foundation for you in the field: Enrol in the Bachelor’s in Business Informatics with the HWTK and work at a cooperating company at the same time. With the split-week model, gaining hands-on experience is guaranteed. Students are actively included in day-to-day business from the start.
Requirements for successful admission to the Bachelor’s in Business Informatics are listed below.
- A qualification at the university or technical college entrance level or
- An equivalent, recognised admission qualification (e.g. admission by vocational qualifications) and
- Submission of application documents online with your CV and references
- A selection interview, if necessary or applicable
- Non-native speakers of German must include proof of German level B2 proficiency with their application
Study the way you want!
Being flexible isn’t just important for a successful career; it’s also a guiding principle at the HWTK. When you study at our University, you can organise your studies to suit your needs. Decide what’s best for you: classic full-time studies, integrated theory and practice in the dual work–study model or distance learning that is independent of time and place.
Should your circumstances change and you want to switch to another model for your studies, this is possible at the end of a semester.
Dual work–study model
The dual work–study model incorporates practical experience: You spend half of the week with us at the University and the other half working at a cooperating company. The split-week model: the perfect mix of theory and practice!
At the HWTK we believe in hands-on experience. That’s why our full-time programmes have been set up with two intensive study days per week: This way you have enough time left during the week to gain work experience.
You want to decide when and where to study? Then check out our certified distance learning offer and get to know our modern Online Campus!