International Office

Our International Office will support you with any questions or concerns related to studying abroad.

hwtk contact details

Berlin Mail: | Tel.: +49 30 206176-85
Baden-Baden Mail: | Tel.: +49 7221 93-1329
Baden-Baden WhatsApp: +49 176 8743-9198

hwtk contact details

Berlin Mail:
Tel.: +49 30 206176-85

Baden-Baden Mail:
Tel.: +49 7221 93-1329
WhatsApp: +49 176 8743-9198

Start your career now!

Apply for summer term 2018.

Start your career now! Apply for summer term 2018.

The hwtk is characterised by its international focus and expressly welcomes applications from students and prospective students from abroad.

You have achieved your university entrance qualification abroad and now you’d like to study in Germany? Our International Office is a central point of contact for prospective students and students from abroad. The staff will assist with any questions around successfully starting your studies at the hwtk, including:


  • Application via uni-assist
  • Conditional acceptance
  • Proof of language proficiency
  • Finding accommodation
  • Information regarding visa application, health insurance and bank matters

FAQs for prospective international students

Can international students study at hwtk University?

Yes, people of all nationalities can apply.

Does the hwtk offer courses in English?

hwtk University plans to offer the bachelor programme “Business Administration (English)” as of winter semester 2014/2015 (start: October 1st 2014). This programme will be taught exclusively in English.

Where can I have recognized my school leaving certificate in Germany?

The Office for Recognition of Diplomas of the Senate Department for Education, Science and Research is in charge of the recognition of diplomas obtained abroad. Please consult its website for further information (contact details, office hours, required documents etc.). You can also find information concerning the recognition of bachelor degrees on the following websites: Anabin, Uni-Assist.

What language requirements apply for international students?

Applicants for programmes with Geman as language of instruction who are no German native speakers have to provide evidence of at least B2 language skills in German to be admitted to a bachelor programme. For admission to a master programme you have to provide evidence of at least C1 language skills In German. For instance, the successful completion of tests at language schools is recognized as evidence. If you have obtained your school leaving certificate (for bachelor programmes) or your bachelor degree (for master programmes) abroad, you must have it recognized in Germany.

Lars-Christian Klinnert M.A.

Lars-Christian Klinnert M.A.

Head of International Office

Office address: c/o F+U Academy of Languages
Friedrichstraße 194-199, 10117 Berlin
Phone: +49 30 206176-63